MCA (Masters of Computer Applications)
(AKTU College Code – 074)
Master of Computer Application (MCA) at DIMS Meerut is affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow and approved by AICTE. MCA at DIMS is one of the best courses offering excellent placements in top Multinational Companies and I.T. organizations. The department aims at preparing well trained software, hardware & networking professionals for IT industry with the help of industry-oriented curriculum and hands on experience with latest technologies that includes android, iOS, java and .net programming. MCA is exclusively designed with a lot of emphasis on planning, designing and developing of complex commercial application software & system software to meet the growing demand of any organization in the field of Information Technology.
In the final year of MCA, Students have excellent job opportunities in India and abroad at different positions viz. Desktop Engineers, Software Engineers, Network Engineers, Software Developers, Testers, Web Designers, Web Developers, Network Administrator, Database Administrator, ERP Consultants, System Manager, System Analyst, Business Analyst etc.
MCA – Lateral Entry (AKTU College Code - 074)
MCA-Lateral Entry is a Two Year Degree Programme for the candidates possessing BCA/B.Sc.(IT/CS) degree and minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST Candidates). Such eligible candidates can be admitted directly in the second year of the regular MCA Program.
Key features of MCA Programme
- More than 90% Placement Record.
- Strong Corporate Interface for grooming the students for the corporate world.
- Industry-oriented program with projects, dissertations and training.
- Aptitude Training, Communication Skills enhancement Program along with Specialized Placement Preparation Modules.
- Dedicated Labs equipped with high end computing machines.
- Technical Assistance, Live Projects, Industrial Visits, Workshops etc.
Admission to the MCA (3 years full time) and MCA (Lateral Entry 2 years full time) Programme is through U.P State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) conducted by Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow.
MCA (3 Years full time)
- An applicant should have passed Bachelor's Degree of three years minimum duration from any recognized University with mathematics as a subject at 10+2 level or graduation level securing minimum 50% marks. (45% for SC/ST).
- MCA (Lateral Entry 2 Years full time)
- An applicant should have passed BCA/B.Sc (I.T/ Computer Science) from any recognized University securing minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST).
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply subject to furnishing evidence to that effect by 30th September 2018.
- Eligibility might change as per University guidelines
The fee structure shall be applicable as per notification of Government of Uttar Pradesh, AKTU.
Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA)
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. With the rapid growth of IT industry in India, the demand of computer professional is increasing day by day. This increasing growth of IT industry has created a lot of opportunities for the computer graduates.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The 3 year course affiliated to CCS University and aims to prepare students to be Computer Professionals
DIMS started the BCA in the year 1998. This program ensures the overall development of the students as regards not only the academic skills but logic & reasoning ability also.
Career Opportunities after BCA
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Scientist
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Systems Manager
- Software Developer
- Systems Administrator
Key features of BCA program:
- GD and mock interviews for the students, making them ready to move industry.
- Industry –academia interface in the form of guest lectures, Seminars, and Conferences, etc
- Industrial visit for live experience and exposure.
- Placement recruitment drives of prominent IT companies.
Eligibility criteria and Admission process:
The candidate needs to be a 10+2/Intermediate with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks in any stream with mathematics as one of the subjects in 10th standard to become eligible.
Admission starts from May every year. Classes commence from August. A Candidate who has appeared in board exams and result is awaited is eligible to apply.
Fee structure as per CCS University.